Energy saving tips for spring
Spring is the time of year when a households dependency on central heating and electricity can begin to relax as the weather gets warmer and the days longer.
But did you know there’s even more you could be doing to cut your utility bills? To help you continue to make savings, the Home Heating Guide has the following tips for spring:
- Turn your water heater down to 120 degrees Fahrenheit to save money.
- For any sliding glass doors, make sure to keep its track clean. A dirty track can hamper a sliding door’s seal and create gaps where heat can escape.
- When you’re doing your spring cleaning, make sure all fans are working properly and are dust-free for improved efficiency.
- Use natural lighting as much as possible.
- Dust or wipe light bulbs. Clean bulbs provide more light.
- Open windows in the evening not in the day for fresh air. As your home heats up during the day you should open your windows at night or dusk when the temperature drops, to prevent loss of heat in your home.