Energy Saving Tips
Do your bit for the environment…
There are many things we can do at home to help reduce the impact of greenhouse gases, some simple, some that require a little more thought.
We’ve compiled a short list of the simple things that can be done right now and a some more ideas of home improvements which have the same effect. We hope it will help protect this precious and beautiful country we live in…
Simple Energy Saving Tips
- Switch electrical appliances off, do not leave them on standby.
- Keep your fridge and freezer stocked up, the fuller they are the less energy they use.
- Only fill and boil your kettle with the minimum of water needed.
- Turn your heating down by 1°.
- Wash clothes at the lowest temperature setting possible.
- Reduce the amount of water you use each month (our guide to water conservation is full of handy tips
- Switch lights off when leaving the room.
- Dry clothes outside, not in the tumble dryer (when realistic that is!)
- Have a shower instead of a bath.
- Only wash clothes when you’ve got a full load.
- Fit energy saving light bulbs.