People in Scotland will once again be able to take up the offer of cash funding to help replace old boilers thanks to the re-launching of the Scottish Boiler Scrappage Scheme.
The Scottish Boiler Scrappage Scheme will once again be open for applications at 12.30pm on Tuesday February 1, 2011. The incentive aims to address the needs of some of the 250,000 homes in Scotland that are estimated to have boilers of the least efficient type.
By replacing boilers of low efficiency (70 per cent or under) the Scottish government is working to reduce the country’s CO2 emissions.
Funding of £1million will be put towards the scrappage scheme, which is available to home owners/occupiers in Scotland. The money will be used to meet the cost of replacing inefficient boilers with new more efficient alternatives. A sum of £400 will be offered towards the cost of an upgrade.
Having your boiler upgraded will not only result in lower central heating costs but also reduced CO2 emissions.
To be eligible for the scheme, you must:
- Obtain a quote for your boiler replacement.
- Apply for a voucher online or by telephone on 0800 512 012 from 12.30pm on February 1, 2011.
- Arrange the installation of your new boiler by March 25, 2011.
- Pay for the boiler and installation work up-front.
- Claim back the £400 by sending the completed voucher and invoice back to the Energy Saving Trust by March 25, 2011.