Big Energy Saving Week is back for 2019, a campaign helping the UK to cut their energy bills and find out how they can access financial support.
This year, the campaign is encouraging energy consumers to ‘Check.Switch.Save’ as switching energy supplier could secure you a much cheaper deal.
The national campaign, run in partnership between Citizens Advice, the Energy Saving Trust and the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), takes place between 21st – 27th January 2019.
Now into its 7th year, the Big Energy Saving Week 2019 will continue the work done in previous years to provide consumers with advice about:
- Switching energy supplier or tariff
- Accessing discounts or grants
- Increasing the energy efficiency of their home.
Find out if you could be on a cheaper energy deal by using the Citizens Advice price comparison tool.
Energy Saving Advice
At Home Heating Guide, we’re constantly working to help homeowners, tenants and businesses to reduce their energy bills and start saving money. Take a look through a selection of our guides to find out how you could start saving:
Keep an eye on the Home Heating Guide Twitter account during the Big Energy Saving Week 2019 as we’ll be sharing some valuable energy saving advice.
5 Quick Energy Saving Tips
There are many small changes that you can make to your daily life to start saving money on your energy bills right away. Here are 5 of the best:
- Switch electrical appliances off, don’t leave them in standby
- Fill the kettle with the minimum amount of water required before boiling
- Take showers rather than baths
- Keep your curtains or blinds closed during the night
- Wash clothes at the lowest possible temperature and only when you have a full load